Breast augmentation currently ranks as the number cosmetic surgery procedure in the US. By 2025, the market for breast augmentation is projected to be worth USD 1,692 million. Breast augmentation is a way to boost self-confidence, while for others, it is a part of reconstructing the breast for various conditions. Also known as augmentation mammoplasty, it is an anesthetic surgery that involves placing breast implants under the breast tissue or chest muscles. Consulting with the experts in breast augmentation in Reno can help you make an informed decision.
Most implants have synthetic silicone rubber casings filled with silicone gel or saline solution. In other cases, the augmentation technique might also use fat cells as implants taken from another part of your body.
Breast Augmentation Process
- The first step starts with the necessary dosage of anesthesia. You may feel nauseous for a few hours after the surgery.
- Depending on your body type, the type of implant you choose, and the size of enlargement you need, the surgeon will create an incision under your breast, on the sides, or around your nipples. The surgeon will discreetly perform the surgery while meeting your cosmetic goals.
- The doctor creates a pocket and places the implant above or below the pectoral muscle behind the breast tissue. The patient will be informed of the advantages and drawbacks of each placement option to assist her in making a well-considered decision.
- Once the implants are placed and adjusted carefully, the doctor closes the incision with absorbable sutures.
The patient will be given after-care tips to minimize the risk of infection. The doctor will inform the patient to keep the incision dry and contamination free.
Why Do you Need Breast Augmentation?
1. If you think your breasts are small and affect your appearance, you can go for a painless breast augmentation procedure. The treatment also improves the symmetry of your breast.
2. Adjustments for breast size reduction following pregnancy or a major weight loss.
3. Breast surgery corrects uneven breasts to address other conditions.
4. Boosts your self-confidence.
- Access to breast augmentation is easy.
- Finding a board-certified plastic surgeon for cosmetic surgery in Reno is important to do your treatment.
- Initial recovery can last for a week, and long-term recovery can take weeks or even longer.
- You will need to schedule follow-up sessions to monitor your recovery and have your breasts examined for potential problems and scars.
It is crucial to discuss your goals with your plastic surgeon to receive the best possible results. Being realistic about what breast augmentation can do for you can help you make an informed choice. Breast augmentation is the desired procedure to change the size and shape of your breasts. Although the surgery is known for improving your body image and self-esteem, keeping your expectations realistic is important. You are advised to visit your surgeon regularly to ensure your breast health and understand more about post-operative care.